I am awake but at what price
170. In drag
Daughter drag. Sister drag. Mother drag. Wife drag. Court drag. Rich drag. Poor drag. British drag. Jamaican drag. Each required a different wardrobe. But when considering these various attitudes she struggled to think what would be the most authentic, or perhaps the least inauthentic. — Zadie Smith (from NW)
man door hand hook car door is honestly still the best story i’ve ever read
(Source: swag420yolo, via orcasoup)
season one derek in his dad’s too big leather jacket and his too tight jeans is everything to me
what an angry ball of fluff
(Source: kitsne, via henrymaarchbanks)
Paris - The Walk
after the war, hermione throws herself into her work. it’s unsurprising really, but the sheer violence of her page-turning flusters madame pince greatly. that god-forsaken war has finally ended, and the lack of stress should lift her up and away, but she’s so very angry. after all, it’s only after the war that the truth comes out — the torture, the mass murders, the under-handed laws, and their heavy-handed enforcement — and she only wants to make it better, to help the only way she can, but no one will let her.
and so, on molly weasley’s suggestion, hermione channels her anger into interviewing. she runs politicians down at the ministry, chats with students over tea, and converses with all manner of magical creatures. she listens to these brave, frightened people, and she learns about the best and worst of humanity. they teach her empathy, and patience, and how to carry on despite everything (or perhaps because of it). and so, not for the first time in her life, hermione granger found her longed-for answers in anothers’ words. [x x x]
My Least Favorite Trope (and this post will include spoilers for The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Western Civilization, and—cod help me—Bulletproof Monk*.) is the thing where there’s an awesome, smart, wonderful, powerful female character who by all rights ought to be the Chosen One and the hero of the movie, who is tasked with taking care of some generally ineffectual male character who is, for reasons of wish fulfillment, actually the person the film focuses on. She mentors him, she teaches him, and she inevitably becomes his girlfriend… and he gets the job she wanted: he gets to be the Chosen One even though she’s obviously far more qualified. And all he has to do to get it and deserve it is Man Up and Take Responsibility.
And that’s it. Every god-damned time. The mere fact of naming the films above and naming the trope gives away the entire plot and character arc of every single movie. — Elizabeth Bear - My Least Favorite Trope (via feministquotes)
beautiful ginny things from ootp
- ginny and sirius are related
- ginny’s hair confirmed for tomato red
- ginny tossing dungbombs at the kitchen door
- like wow what a cutie
- ginny turning out to be a really smooth liar
- tonks changing her features for ginny’s enjoyment
- ginny making angry cat noises at percy dissing arthur
- speaking of felines crookshanks and ginny are pretty tight
- 'Fine!' shouted Mrs Weasley. 'Fine! Ginny - BED!'Ginny did not go quietly. They could hear her raging and storming at her mother all the way up the stairs, and when she reached the hall Mrs Blacks ear-splitting shrieks were added to the din. Lupin hurried off to the portrait to restore calm.
- ugh sweetheart ♥
- ginny angrily telling kreacher not to call hermione a mudblood
- ginny being the only one to have the sense to shut the musical box which was making everyone weak and sleepy
- ginny and the twins doing a war dance and chanting
- tonks admitting she wasnt made prefect bc she couldnt behave herself at hogwarts and ginny laughing bc they are the same
- ginny hugging tonks goodbye at king’s cross ✿✿
- literally all of ginny’s dialogue with luna is sweet and friendly
- 'Don't be silly,' said Ginny, laughing, 'she's all right.'
- ‘Hi, Luna.’ said Ginny, ‘is it OK if we take these seats?’
- Thanks,’ said Ginny, smiling at her.
- ‘Had a good summer, Luna?’ Ginny asked.
- Ginny suppressed a giggle.
- happy spirited joyful ginny mon coeur ❤❤❤
- and lets not forget:
- ‘I’m nobody,’ said Neville hurriedly.‘No you’re not,’ said Ginny sharply.
- *`•.¸(¯`•HEARTS FOR EYES•´¯)¸.•´
- ginny being concerned about hagrid and rushing to his defense
- The moment they reached Gryffindor’s, Ginny was hailed by some fellow fourth-years and left to sit with them.
- friendly reminder that our girl ginny was v popular and independent and had her own life outside of the trio tyvm
everything is ginny and nothing hurts
Slytherin wasn’t the only founder to leave a concealed chamber at Hogwarts— before her death, Helga Hufflepuff created a secret room which would help all students, regardless of house affiliation or purity of blood. It’s been called many things throughout the centuries; today it’s known as the Room of Requirement.